Our Practice —
Private Equity and Venture Capital:
Fund Formation & Investment Management
- We represent private equity institutions, management teams, debt providers and, very importantly, portfolio companies through all stages of the private equity life cycle.
- We understand how important it is to mirror the depth of sector experience displayed in the private equity industry and our teams cultivate a strong sector-driven approach across all practice areas, enabling us to provide legal solutions from lawyers who understand the issues and challenges facing you and your business.
Private Funds & Buyout
- We advise clients about the full spectrum of private investment funds, all major investment strategies and all stages of a private investment fund’s life cycle. Our areas of focus include:
– Fund structuring and establishment
– Incentivisation arrangements
– Investment reviews
– Management and advisory arrangements
– Platform and product design
– Secondary transactions, restructurings and exits
Venture & Growth Capital
- We a team of lawyers dedicated to helping founders, entrepreneurs, startups, emerging growth companies, whether in the technology, life science, healthcare, consumer or entertainment industries, and angel and venture capital funds, corporate strategic investors and other institutional investors with their venture capital or other strategic transactions.
Transactional Tax Planning
- Tax planning is a critical element of almost every transaction and investment and offers an opportunity to add value and minimize financial risk.
- We design the most advantageous structure yielding optimal after-tax results, lowering effective tax rates or otherwise achieving our clients’ commercial and tax specific goals.
Trusts & Estates
- This area emphasizes wealth enhancement and transfer for individuals and business succession planning for closely held businesses.
US State & Local Taxes
- Our tax lawyers are able to provide sophisticated analysis on questions of nexus, sales tax collection obligations, multi-state apportionment, property valuation and transfer taxes.
- We assist and counsel businesses throughout the planning and controversy stage, including tax audits, negotiations with state and local revenue authorities, administrative proceedings and litigation.
Transactions and Securities:
Commercial Transactions & Business Counseling
- Our Contracts practice combines legal knowledge with deep sector experience covering the full spectrum of commercial and business law issues. When it comes to multi-jurisdictional transactions, our experience managing sophisticated commercial deals sets us apart.
- Companies deal on a daily basis with a myriad of relationships and contracts that bind them to their suppliers, customers, licensors, and distribution and other strategic partners. Our Commercial Contracts practice helps structure these relationships and guide clients through the complexities to ensure their contracts provide the necessary framework for success.
- Sound corporate governance is an essential pillar of any successful business. Our corporate governance team is a trusted advisor to leading and emerging companies and government entities on corporate governance matters, providing strategic advice and guidance.
- We offer comprehensive counsel and representation to public and private companies concerning the regulatory landscape and best practice for corporate governance matters. We assist clients with implementing new governance statutes, rules and regulations; auditing compliance; evaluating disclosure issues; investigating allegations of wrongdoing; and responding to civil, administrative or criminal actions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- We understand the internal and external pressures that our clients face throughout a transaction and the industry-specific issues critical to the success of a deal. We guide our clients through every stage of a deal—from due diligence and structuring, to negotiation and preparation of deal documents, to post-transaction transition and post-merger integration.
Securities & Corporate Finance
- We regularly defend stockholder derivative lawsuits and actions asserting claims of breach of fiduciary duty against corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and their directors, officers and managers.
- In addition to defending claims of securities fraud, our securities litigators have had extensive experience and success in defending non-fraud based securities claims registration statements in public and private offerings,